Web deploy: ERROR_DESTINATION_NOT_REACHABLE.
I wanted to use web deploy from my development PC and build server to the test environment and to production if needed. I have been getting really annoying message:
Web deployment task failed. (Could not connect to the remote computer ("192.168.110.211"). On the remote computer, make sure that Web Deploy is installed and that the required process ("Web Management Service") is started. Learn more at: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=221672#ERROR_DESTINATION_NOT_REACHABLE.)
Great, So what do I do now?
I have checked whether the web deploy is actually installed on my server and I have verified that it is.
As next step I have turned off my firewall and firewall on the server as the message says, not reachable right?. Test it again and no success.
As next step I have found following guide:
From where I have copied steps below:
Trouble-shooting Common Issues:
- If you are upgrading an existing installation of Web Deploy, make sure to restart the handler and agent services by running the following commands at an administrative command prompt:
- net stop msdepsvc & net start msdepsvc
- net stop wmsvc & net start wmsvc
- Make sure your firewall allows connections to the service you are using. By default, the Web Deployment Agent Service (MsDepSvc) listens on port 80, and the Web Management Service (WmSvc, also called the "handler") listens on port 8172 by default.
- You must run MsDepSvc by using the built-in Administrator account, or from a domain account that has been added to the Administrators group. A local administrator which is not the built-in account will not work with MsDepSvc.
- Check to see if .NET 4.0 has not been registered with IIS:
Symptoms: .NET 4.0 is installed, but there are no .NET 4.0
application pools or handler mappings in IIS. You cannot browse to
applications that use .NET 4.0 (for example, applications based on
WebMatrix’s site template applications) after you publish them.
Cause: Your machine had .NET 4.0 installed on it before IIS was installed.
Solution: Run the following command to register .NET 4.0 with IIS: %systemdrive%\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\aspnet_regiis.exe -iru
I only needed to restart all services (first 3 steps) and preview and confirm is working.
Labels: Web Deploy